Sunday 30 June 2013

Bingo and Beaches

Yesterday afternoon I boarded the bus for the 18 hour trip down to the northern part of Patagonia. The first hour or so is spent just getting out of Buenos Aires, before heading through the plains and ranches. The bus seats were very comfy, reclining to around 140 degrees (still not a flat bed, but pretty nice). There is a air-stewardess type person on board (the main difference being that he was a man, and we weren't in the air) and after a few hours on board there was a game of bingo. Thankfully this was the only organised entertainment of the journey, I'm not sure I could have handled a whole 18 hours of red-coat type organised fun. The food isn't that bad in the bus. They stop to pick up dinner on the way down, so it's at least warm, although lacking a bit of taste, and they're generous with the wine which helps to drift off.

I arrived this morning at around 9.30, but had already missed the departure to see the sea lions. I was pretty exhausted anyway, and so happy enough to wander around the town and along the coast killing some time. I've booked onto the tour tomorrow to go to the peninsula and do the whale watching, which should run provided the wind doesn't pick up too much.

I have some photos, but this computer doesn't seem to want to read my memory card, so they'll have to wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment