Friday 28 June 2013

Last night and future plans

This is my last evening in Buenos Aires - i'm leaving tomorrow at around 3pm for my 18 hour bus journey to Puerto Madryn. Puerto Madryn is a long way South of Buenos Aires, however is still only really in the very northern part of Patagonia. The town itself is very small but is the main starting point for exploring the peninsula where there's whale watching, sea lions and outside of the summer months, penguins. Puerto Madryn is also located in the part of Patagonia that was settled by the Welsh many years ago, and some of the more isolated villages in the area still have some welsh-speaking inhabitants.

Buenos Aires to Peninsula Valdes (bus will not actually cross ocean).
I'm interested as to how this 18 hour bus journey is going to be. I've got a seat which is a nearly-flat bed, and I've generally heard positive reports to date on the comfort and facilities on board. My intention is to do one of the tours in the afternoon after I arrive and a further full-day tour on the Monday. Both are, however, weather permitting with the wind often preventing the boat tours in Winter. I will just have to hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment