Sunday 21 July 2013

Flashpacking

In the last 7 nights, 2 have been spent in a tent, 2 on the freezing cold salt flats and one on the world's most bumpy bus between Uyuni and La Paz. So, after arriving back in la Paz after the trek I decided I deserved a night in a hotel and booked myself into the same place the Australian family were staying (who had assured me the breakfast buffet was worth the cost of the room). A comfortable bed, warm shower and room to myself was certainly appreciated. In addition, the breakfast room in on the 8th floor and has some wonderful views of La Paz.

Some dramatic mountains to go with your papaza juice?



They had quoted me around 45 USD for the room when I checked in, but ended up only charging me 35 when I checked out. Probably compensates for all the times i've payed a "foreigner" suplement in Bolivia so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment