Monday 8 July 2013

The collective noun for a group of auditors on horses?

Today we went off for our horse-riding day. Not my first choice of activity, but two of the girls in the group were very keen, and I wasn't exactly against the idea, which included a good barbeque lunch and two three-hour rides. After an hour long-drive we arrived at the farm where we were doing our riding and had a short time for some breakfast before being taken to our four-legged friends for the day.

Today I managed to get the first photo of (nearly) all of us in the group (minus the one taking the photo), so I can introduce the current travelling companions, and I'm the only non-Irish!

A Balance of Accountants? Sum of Accountants? 
From left to right, with respective audit firm affiliation (or ex-affiliation), Jane (Grant Thornton), Henry (Deloitte), Anita (PwC), me, Darragh (PwC), and taking the photo - Elaine (who's actually an accounting teacher). Anyway, this was not planned that we would end up together, and if it weren't for me getting a larger number of laughs at my straight-line depreciation of the wine barrels cost joke in the Mendoza vineyards, it might have taken us longer to realise that we were actually all from accounting-related backgrounds!

The horse-riding was fun, although I'm not the most natural with animals and I retain my preference for wheel-based forms of transport. The lunch was, however, very very good. It was a typical Argentinean Asado, known to the rest of the world as a BBQ.


Chef working hard
Tomorrow we've booked onto a tour to Cafayete, which apparently is very scenic and involves another couple of visits to vineyards. Tomorrow evening the plan is to move on, although we're not sure where. Ideally Chile, but we need the weather to stay how it is, or the crossing won't be open. The over-planners amongst us (me included) are not dealing too well with the uncertainty (Chile or Bolivia???), but we'll find out at 8pm tomorrow whether the bus can cross the Andes, and if so, it'll be an 11 hour crossing leaving at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment